Sometimes I sit in front of Rage and write these posts as I listen, with Dear Boy reading books or playing trains at my feet. Other times, I've written song titles and lyrics on scraps of paper and collected them over a week or two. This is one of those weeks - songs I've heard in the car, on the TV, on Lovely Husband's computer, on TV ads and grand finales.
632. Kat Edmonson - 'I Don't Know'
633. Passenger - 'Let Her Go' - Strange beautiful voice.
634. Passenger - 'Golden Leaves' - Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Although I had some weird flashbacks to Vitamin C from the intro.
635. Miley Cyrus - 'We Can't Stop' - Yeah, so, I watched this. It's an awful film clip. Little baby Miley playing at Rhianna. Blecch. But the song is actually...kinda... okay.
636. Janelle Monae feat. Erykah Badu - 'Q.U.E.E.N' - I come for the funk and stay for the wicked hair.
637. Charles Bradley - 'Strictly Reserved for You' - A little bit of soul, a little bit of funk and completely anachronistic. This guy needs to be played on a radio or a record player. But me and my boy still slide around the living room when it comes silky smooth from my laptop.
638. She & Him - 'I Could Have Been Your Girl' - I love me some Zooey. Her voice is the strangest thing but still gets me every time.
639. Laura Mvula - 'Green Garden' - The claps, the radio-saturated voice, the backing vocals, the lyrics. Love, love, love.
640. Thundercat - 'Walkin'' - Huh.