Thursday, February 14, 2013

New Tricks 3/26 and a charitable challenge


I made a pillowcase. By hand.

No, really.

This cheery fabric was calling to me and I'd found a few pillowcase tutorials online. Without a sewing machine though, I couldn't really put this together following their directions. So it was a little free-form. I just tried to stick to the Australian standard measurements. I also didn't have a pair of pinking sheers, but wanted to make the internal hems neat, so there was much folding and refolding and ironing and pinning until I ended up with Frenched seams.

Not only did I learn a few new tricks making this pillowcase, it was for a great cause - the Great Pillowcase Challenge 2013, which gets bright and happy pillowcase to oncology kids. My little ice-cream picnic pillow is featured on the Handmade Cooperative's blog - go check it out as well as all the other cases that people have crafted and donated.


* The pictures of this are all really dark as I finished the pillowcase quite late at night and needed to dash to the post office first thing to get it to the folks at the Handmade Cooperative by the deadline.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...