Wednesday, January 16, 2013

New Tricks 1/26


I've decided to teach myself or to learn at least 26 new things this year. Number 1 was giving these little beauties ugly guys a go, c/o of Jamie Oliver's new 15 Minute Meals cookbook, which was in my little stash of Christmas presents.

We've had a bamboo steamer sitting on top of the cupboard for over a year now and this is the first time I've ever used it, attempting the Chicken Dim Sum recipe with coconut buns, cucumber pickle and hoisin sauce. I am such a nervous Nelly about cooking chicken and the idea of cooking it in the bamboo steamer did not fill me with joy. So, the chicken was overcooked and the broccolini that was steaming with it... but these puppies were delicious. So easy. Just flour, a tin of coconut milk and a few muffin cases. Voila.

Definitely ugly. Definitely awkward to peel out of the paper cases. Definitely worth another go.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...