Sunday, December 2, 2012

New Songs on a Sunday Afternoon (501-540)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Part one and an explanation of this musical escapade can be found here. You'll need to search for the rest yourselves.

Throughout December, most of these songs are going to be of the festive variety. I'm spreading Christmas cheer around our house and Lovely Husband would kill me if I turned our home into Target with Mariah Carey on repeat all day.

I've been listening to Angela Hardison's ready-made 'Good Tidings of Good Noise' collection from 2010. It's all set up to listen to over here and here, so I won't be linking my list below. Some are covers but there are quite a few originals in here that I'm liking more than I thought I would. I've added an extra to the end 
because I've heard John Lennon a million times already.   


501. The Raveonettes - 'The Christmas Song' - Loving
502. Liz Phair - 'Winter Wonderland'
503. Sufjan Stevens - 'I Saw Three Ships'
504. Jenny O - Get Down for the Holidays'
505. The Format - 'Holly Jolly Christmas' - Dear Boy loved this. We danced around the living room.
506. A Fine Frenzy - 'Wish You Well'
507. Smashing Pumpkins - 'Christmastime'
508. Eels - 'Christmas'
509. Ron Sexsmith - 'Maybe this Christmas'
510. Booker T & The MG's - 'White Christmas'
511. Bright Eyes - 'Little Drummer Boy'
512. Guster - 'Tiny Tree Christmas'
513. Cyndi Lauper - 'Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree'
514. Jens Lekman - 'The Opposite of Hallelujah' - Sweet.
515. Coldplay - 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas'
516. Best Coast, Wavves - 'Got Something for You'
517. The Mountains & The Trees - 'All Together Now'
518. The Acorns - 'Snowfall'
519. Phantom Planet - Winter Wonderland'
520. Larry Clinton & Orch - 'Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies'
521. Wilderness of Manitoba - 'Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanuel'
522. The Weepies - 'All That I Want'
523. Bright Eyes - 'Blue Christmas'
524. Julian Casablancas - 'I Wish It Was Christmas Today'
525. Owl City - 'The Christmas Song'
526. Zooey Deschanel & Leon Redbone - 'Baby, It's Cold Outside' - Like I've said previously, love her voice. 
527. Death Cab for Cutie - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
528. Eels - 'Christmas is Going to the Dogs'
529. Badly Drawn Boy - 'Donna & Blitzen'
530. Jack Johnson - 'Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer'
531. Waitresses - 'Christmas Wrapping' - Nice.
532. The Killers - 'Don't Shoot Me Santa
533. Ceci Bastida - 'Un Regalio Para Mi'
534. A Fine Frenzy - 'Blue Christmas'
535. Booker T & The MG's -' Jingle Bells'
536. Darker My Love - 'Snow is Falling'
537. Sufjan Stevens - 'Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing'
538. Jimmy Eat World - 'Last Christmas'
539. The Beach Boys - 'Auld Lang Syne'
540. She & Him - 'Christmas Waltz' - yup, could listen to her voice all day.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...