Monday, December 17, 2012

New songs on a Monday afternoon (541-560)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Part one and an explanation of this musical escapade can be found here. You'll need to search for the rest yourselves.

Throughout December, most of these songs are going to be of the festive variety. I'm spreading Christmas cheer around our house and Lovely Husband would kill me if I turned our home into Target with Mariah Carey on repeat all day.

I've been listening to Cory James' 'A Very Elitist Christmas' over at 8tracks.com, so I won't be linking my list below. Some are covers but there are quite a few originals in here that I'm liking more than I thought I would. I've added extras to the end that cropped up elsewhere.


1. Sara Bareilles - 'Love is Christmas'
2. Christina Perry - 'Something about December'
3. The Puppini Sisters - 'Let it snow'
4. Laura Gibson - 'It came upon a midnight clear'
5. Bess Rogers - 'Little Saint Nick'
6. Rachael Yamagata - 'Baby come find me at Christmas'
7. Kate Busby - 'The holly and the ivy'
8. Mindy Smith - 'I know the reason'
9. The Weepies - 'All I want'
10. Ingrid Michaelson - 'When the leaves'
11. Meiko - 'Maybe next year (Xmas song)'
12. Corinne Bailey Rae - 'This Christmas'
13. Persephone's Bees - 'Sleigh ride'
14. Sara Bareilles & Ingrid Michaelson - 'Winter song'
15. Rosie Thomas - 'Much further to go'
16. Emmy the Great & Tim Wheeler - 'Christmas moon'
17. Indigo Girls - 'Peace child'
18. Eleanor Friedberger - 'Santa, bring my baby back (To me)'
19. Slow Club - 'Christmas TV'
20. The Bird and the Bee - 'Carol of the Bells'

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...