Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December 5: pilfering a tree and making mustaches


Because we won't be home for Christmas day, I'm not comfortable having a real tree. But I didn't want to miss out on the real tree smell. So on our walk yesterday I snapped up the tiny branches left behind by the local boy scouts from their Christmas Tree roadside stall on the weekend. The branches now sit in a shot glass, a jar and a vase on the mantelpiece. Bring on the smell of Christmas.


Most of my day was spent making mustaches. This is what the nephews are getting for Christmas. Because of this, I've learned a few new things today:

  • Craft fur is a bitch to work with.
  • Mustaches are fiddly, Einstein's especially.
  • Cutting fine details into felt is a pain.
  • Using right-handed scissors for sustained period of time is not a good idea.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...