Sunday, September 2, 2012

52 Poems (week 49)


Found this lovely poem by Hiroshi Kawasaki called 'Tree'. The English translation sat beside the Japanese and it looked beautiful even in the original kanji.
Yes, often an olive wants to be a fish,
An almond often wishes to be a bird
I am pretty well accustomed to being
like this now
Just a while ago I changed into human
form
For a few minutes
My supple soft skin, my bones and the
flesh wrapping around them
They all felt eerie to me
But in a while when I revert to being a
tree
How fondly I will reminisce
About the human body I have now
My fingers, nails and joints...

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...