Saturday, June 23, 2012

Something New: Peas in a Pod (make/remake?)



MAKE: I free-styled these little peas in a pod after seeing a cute 'Give peas a chance' t-shirt. The peas took a bit of thought, trying to sew flat pieces of fabric into a sphere. In fact, I think only one is vaguely spherical; the others are flat, squashed and bulging in the middle because I wasn't bold enough with my seam allowances. But they're cute, regardless of their imperfections, and perfectly serviable as 'peas'. I'm thinking of stitching faces on them but am hesitant to meddle with their plainness.

UNMAKE: The 'pod' is a mess. At first I was thinking I might zip it shut, rather like a pencil case. However, the idea of hand-stitching a zipper gives me no pleasure. My fall-back idea was to create a tight pocket of sorts to squish the peas into but, as you can see, there's really nothing tight about it. Back to the drawing board, I think. I may try and stitch the ends of the pod to tighten the sloppy sides; the more likely scenario is I'll be pulling it apart or starting from scratch again. I still have a small mountain of this fuzzy green fleece.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...