Saturday, June 16, 2012

Something New: Mama Gets The Morning Off (go away)

GO AWAY: For the first time in a very, very long time, this mama had a Saturday morning off... well, a bit of a morning anyway. It wasn't quite the full RDO I was hoping for, there was no sleep-in, no relaxing shower and a quite contemplative breakfast but there was me getting into the car with just my wallet and phone and hightailing it out of the driveway with a very strong sense I was forgetting something. I bought myself a cup of coffee to-go from the street-window of a cafe and wandered up to the beautician then to a shoe sale where I bought Dear Boy his first pairs of shoes, even though he doesn't walk yet.


Twenty minutes after I left, Lovely Husband put Dear Boy down for his morning sleep and he was still down when I got home. Hours later, Lovely Husband came over to me, kissed my cheek and said I'd done a great job getting the boy into a sleep routine, that'd he'd been put down, turned his head and fallen alseep within seconds. A morning off and a compliment for something that I don't often feel confident about: not bad for a Saturday.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...