As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Part one and an explanation of this musical escapade can be found here. You'll need to search for the rest yourselves.
421. Justin Vernon - 'A Song For A Lover Of Long Ago' - so melancholy.
422. Birdy - 'I'll Never Forget You' - Dreamy and sad. Love the piano.
423. Ben Howard - 'Only Love'
424. Ben Howard - 'Keep Your Head Up' - love his voice.
425. Birdy - 'Skinny Love'
426. Sigur Ros - 'Olsen Olsen'
427. Ron Pope - 'A Drop In The Ocean' - okay, it's a little too Vampire Diaries, even for mushy old me.
428. Mumford & Sons - 'Home' - Always great.
429. Mogwai - 'Take Me Somewhere Nice' - Long instrumental intros bug me. Just sing already.
430. Soley - 'Pretty Face' - a little Bjork-y, if I can use someone's name as an adjective.
431. Natalie Walker - 'Waking Dream' - Great song but another long instrumental intro.
432. Parachutes - 'Paper Birds' - I think this is all instrumental. Weird that I'm just not sure about that, though.
433. Hawk Nelson - 'I Still Miss You' - Dead grandma song? Worst lyrics ever - 'I know Jesus has the answer, and he's way bigger than the cancer in you' - Bahahaha!
434. David Beckham - 'Ode To Joy' - okay, this really isn't a song, but it's Becks and he's kicking balls at a wall of drums to the tune of 'Ode To Joy'... that counts in my book, even if it's an ad.
435. Colbie Caillat - 'You Got Me' - sweet.
436. Colbie Caillat - 'Realize'.
437. Colbie Caillat - 'The Little Things'.
438. Amanda Seyfried - 'Little House' - Actors sings... could be a disaster, but really isn't.
439. Eric Church - 'Springsteen' - More country than I'm comfortable with but the Springsteen reference is a winner.
440. Bruce Springsteen - 'We Take Care of Our Own' - Because it's new and the man's mouth is a dream no matter how the rest of him ages. Post 9/11, some of his patriotic stuff is a little cheesy and a paler imitation of the critical eye of his 'Born in the USA' days but it's Bruce nonetheless.