As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Part one and an explanation of this musical escapade can be found here. You'll need to search for the rest yourselves.
It's been more than two months since the last 'new songs' post but, really, who's had time to listen to the radio or trawl the internets for something new, let alone find the head-space to make a note of it and put it all together in a blog post? So, I'm going to start on the ARIA chart and surf my way around, see what I find.
321. 360 (feat. Gossling) - 'Boys Like You' - Australian rappers crack me up - at least he's keeping the accent.
322. Train - 'Drive By' - Very poppy, but love the stories these guys manage to jam into their tunes.
323. Julia Stone - 'Let's Forget All the Things That We Say' -Not sure I like her as much without the tempering her brother provides.
324. Angus Stone - 'Broken Brights' - He does solo better. Much better.
325. She & Him - 'In the Sun' - Love the way Zooey Deschanel sings. Weirdo.
326. She & Him - 'Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?'.
327. She & Him - 'Thieves'.
328. Villagers - 'That Day' - sweet.
329. Villagers - 'Becoming a Jackal' - even sweeter.
330. Zooey Deschanel & Joseph Gordon Levitt - 'What are you doing New Years Eve?' - Love, love, love this glorious duet.