Monday, March 5, 2012

His first song

My father specially chose each of our first songs. Mine was George Harrison's 'Love Comes to Everyone' and my brother's 'If You Believe'. Fifteen years later, my younger brothers had the Beatles songs 'Because' and 'The End'.

My boy's first song was playing on a radio somewhere in the lonely, empty recovery room. He lay in my pricked and canula'd arms, wearing an outrageously wacky knitted hat in purple and green. 

 

Lovely Husband picked up the sound: 'Can you hear that?'. His first song, '(Everything I Do) I Do It For You' by Bryan Adams. Probably not what I would have chosen, but apt. It was his first song as we snuggled together as a little family, and the song that was playing when his Grandma came in and met him for the first time, as the midwife and recovery room nurse pottered around us.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...