Monday, March 26, 2012

Dear Boy (12 weeks)


My Dear Boy,

Today, you are 12 weeks or 3 months old. That's one quarter of a whole year, but the other quarters are probably going to be so different.

The last few weeks have been up and down. Just when I think I've got you pegged, that I've got this mum thing down, you go and mix it up on me. You're growing up (and out and down) so of course you're changing. At the moment, you're learning how to smooth things out - my jerky little puppet on a string is becoming a real boy.

Your little hand is finally making it into your mouth... most of the time... although you aren't yet uncurling your fingers to suck on those. As I type this, you are sleeping for the first time with one arm unswaddled and every now and then I can hear your slurping away on your fist.

You've also started keeping hold of the rattles I put into your little hand. You shake them and smile at the noise and then try to jam it in your mouth.

You are still captivated by lights and the shadows they create and spend quite a while staring at the details of the plaster molding on the ceiling. You love the mobile above your change table and chat very happily to the smiley lion that hangs on it.

Your head is a little less wobbly, although you still hate tummy time. I'm not sure how you're going to learn to roll over or crawl at this rate, but I can't stand leaving you there, flailing and screaming, so we don't do a lot of it... we just don't tell the MCH nurse that.

We have an appointment with the nurse today and I'm sure she's going to tell me you've put on another kilo since the last visit, that you're still up there in the 95th percentile for your age. You look so big next to the other babies your age but you'll always be my sweet, little baby boy.

Much love,

Your Mum.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...