Monday, December 19, 2011

New Songs on a weekday morning (291-310)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Part one and an explanation of this musical escapade can be found here. You'll need to search for the rest yourselves.

Okay, it's been weeks and weeks since I posted one of these. Saturday mornings have been a little hectic but I've still been collecting songs that I've heard and writing bands names and lyrics on scraps of paper to look up later. Today I'm sorting through all those bits and pieces so I can empty out my diary for the year.



291. The Black Keys - 'Lonely Boy' - Love the guitar in this; not so sure about the guy dancing.
292. The Black Keys - 'Tighten Up'.
293. Friends - 'I'm His Girl' - Best part is the tinkly bell dancing round the melody.
294. Veronica Falls - 'Bad Feeling' - meh.
295. Imogen Heap - 'Earth' - catchy, sweet (live at Glastonbury).
296. Imogen Heap - 'Between the Sheets'.
297. Art vs. Science - 'Parlez-vous Francais' - awesome video.
298. Lana Del Rey - 'Born to Die' - If this woman smiled her face would break.
299. Ash Koley - 'Apple of My Eye' - Had high hopes in the first 10 seconds then they just crept back down after that. Disappointed.
300. will.i.am feat. Mick Jagger & Jennifer Lopez - 'T.H.E (The Hardest Ever)' - WTF?! Weird-arse mash of beats and voices.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...