Saturday, September 24, 2011

New songs on a Saturday morning (271-280)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Part one and an explanation of this musical escapade can be found here. You'll need to search for the rest yourselves.

Have discovered an Asian music show on SBS on the weekends. It's been entertaining me no end with South Korean pop... at least, I think it's mostly South Korean.The chorus is always a mash of English words and...non-English, and I'm really not multi-lingual enough to distinguish enough between Korean and Japanese when it's sung.


271. Beast - 'Breath' - Oh, who doesn't love a boy-band: the choreography, the plastered hair, the thick eye make-up. The song is actually catchy. If I could understand the words, I'd be singing along.
272. Beast - 'Fiction'.
273. Yui - 'Hello (Paradise Kiss)' - Can't, for the life of me, find an official version of the song, so this is a bastardised copy, but still cute Japanese pop.
274. G.NA - 'Black & White'.
275. Secret - 'Shy Boy' - It's little like the 50s all over again with these shiny, shiny, squeaky clean girl groups. I imagine this is meant to be ironic, but I'm not so sure.
276. Hyuna - 'Bubble Pop' - I think the good girl/slutty dancing translates into any language.
277. Hyuna - 'Change' - less good girl, amped up slutty dancing. Disturbing, really.
278. 2NE1 - 'Lonely' - meh.
279. 2NE1 - 'Ugly' - meh.
280. 2NE1 - 'I Am The Best' -This is great - and I'm sure I'd download a copy if it was English and I could sing along.


Photo source: Beast

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...