Saturday, August 20, 2011

New songs on a Saturday morning (231-240)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Part one and an explanation of this musical escapade can be found here. You'll need to search for the rest yourselves.




231. Tom Waits/Cookie Monster mash-up - 'God's Away on Business' - Love both, and sometimes it is hard to tell the difference. 
232. Tom Waits - 'Chocolate Jesus'.
233. Lady Gaga - 'You and I' - awesomely awesome pop song; stupidly wanky music video.
234. Joni Mitchell - 'Coyote'.
235. Mama Cass, Joni Mitchell & Mary Travers - 'I Shall Be Released' - uh... The voices are all so familiar, but don't seem to work together at all. Two many leads in one sequined basket. 


236. Neil Young - 'Sweet Joni' - I don't care what Lovely Husband thinks; his ballads are heavenly.
237. Mama Cass Elliot - 'Make Your Own Kind of Music'.
238. Joan Baez - 'Forever Young' - God, she aged well.
239. Arlo Guthrie - 'City of New Orleans'.
240. Arlo Guthrie - 'Coming into Los Angeles' - more Woodstock footage I'd never seen.


Photo source: Joni & Neil

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...