Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Writing ahead

Okay, so it's a bookish kind of day. I should be writing (lectures and articles) but I'd rather be reading something gloriously entertaining. I'd rather read about writing than do it myself.

The sometimes entertaining Rick Gekoski wrote an article for The Guardian about why 'Writing is bad for you', which finished with the hilarious advice from his publisher to stop over-editing:

"That's not writing, that's wanking," he said censoriously. "Finish it, and get on with something else!"
Funnily enough, reading romance is also bad for you, but I've known this for years. Won't stop me reading it, though.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...