Saturday, July 23, 2011

New songs on a Saturday morning (191-200)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Parts one and two of this musical escapade can be found here and here. You'll need to search for the rest yourselves.


191. Noah and the Whale - 'L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N' - Actually caught a little bit of RAGE this morning and this was on. The Wombats were programming and it wasn't half bad. The start of this makes me think of The Kinks' 'Lola'.
192. Noah and the Whale - '5 Years Time'.
193. Noah and the Whale - 'Shape of my Heart'. 
194. Laura Marling - 'New Romantic' - Used to be a member of Noah and the Whale. Have loved her song 'Mexico' for a while.
195. Laura Marling - 'A Creature I Don't Know' - Strange, strange, strange but lovely.
196. Funeral Party - 'Where Did It Go Wrong'. Not half-bad You Tube suggestion. 
197. Carolina Liar - 'Drown'. 
198. Rufus Wainwright - 'Beautiful Child'.
199. Grandaddy - 'Hewlett's Daughter'. Sounds like high school.
200. Grandaddy - 'The Saddest Vacant Lot in the World'.



Photo source: Noah and the Whale

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...