Saturday, July 9, 2011

New songs on a Saturday morning (171-180)

Okay, so it's mid-afternoon, but the theme remains the same. As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Parts one and two of this musical escapade can be found here and here. You'll need to search for the rest yourselves.

171.  Jump Jump Dance Dance - 'Show Me The Night' - Somewhat Australian electro-rock duo who have so much eighties about them. When did this sound head on back in, or am I just noticing it more lately?
172. Tiesto feat. Tegan and Sara - 'Feel It In My Bones' - Reviewed an early Tegan and Sara album and loved their sound. 


173. Tegan and Sara - 'Call It Off'- gorgeous.
174. Tegan and Sara - 'Northshore'.
175. Tegan and Sara - 'Alligator'. 
176. Katie Melua - 'The Flood' - this is listed as jazz, but I'm not convinced by that label.
177. Katie Melua - 'If You Were a Sailboat'. 
178. Eliza Doolittle - 'Skinny Genes' - awesome live ukelele ditty.
179. Friendly Fires - 'Kiss of Life'. 
180. Friendly Fires - 'Hawaiian Air'.

Photo source: Tegan & Sara

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...