Saturday, July 2, 2011

New songs on a Saturday morning (161-170)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Parts one and two of this musical escapade can be found here and here. You'll need to search for the rest yourselves.



161. Paolo Nutini - 'Candy' - Listened to one of his songs last week and am now searching out more. His voice is throwback to the records my Dad played when I was little. I am captivated by it. How can it possibly come out of that face?
162.Paolo Nutini - 'Coming Up Easy'.
163. Paolo Nutini - 'Jenny, Don't Be Hasty' - This sounds very familiar and it's altogether possible I've heard it before, probably from the tiny speakers of the portable CD player on the kitchen bench at Dad's place in the country.
164. Paolo Nutini - 'Last Request'.
165. Estelle - 'Pretty Please (Love Me)' - Loved her vocal in 'American Boy'.
167. Estelle - 'No Substitute Love'.
168. Maverick Sabre - 'Let Me Go' - Love this except for the chorus, which takes this from unusual and intriguing to just 'meh'.
169. James Morrison feat. Nelly Furtado - 'Broken Strings'.
170. Nelly Furtado - 'Manos Al Aire'.




Photo source: Paolo Nutini

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...