Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Amazon machine

Just reading through the backlog of Galley Cat posts to find that Amazon is buying up Book Depository. Am hoping that my free shipping doesn't magically become commensurate with Amazon shipping prices. Okay, so I've felt terribly guilty about the air miles my books do and the wasted packaging they produce by sending them all separately or in small bundles.... but I love free shipping. I feel bad that my local Borders is now a three storey shell of its former self... but I think greedily of all those bookshelves and other fixtures up for sale and the thought of one dollar books coming up in the next day or so as they sell off the last of their stock. I hate that these types of online shops makes it harder for Australian writers to make a living from their writing but I love whatever makes books cheaper.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...