As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Parts one and two of this musical escapade can be found here and here. You'll need to search for the rest yourselves.
131. Stan Walker - 'Loud' - Took a look at the ARIA chart this morning and this was hanging in there at no. 20. Stan Walker was an Australian Idol winner a few years ago and a charmingly shy little boy in a man's body. It seems he's found his niche after a few ballady, morose singles.
132. Stan Walker - 'Stand Up' - song from the Voyage of the Dawntreader sound track.
133. Guy Sebastian - 'Who's That Girl' - The first Australian Idol winner, now on his 6th hit album.
134. Damien Leith - 'Pretty Woman' - my favourite of the Australian Idol winners, an Irishman who also writes novels. I also really loved one of his early singles, '22 steps'. He's just released a Roy Orbison tribute album.
135.Shakira ft. Pitbull - 'Rabiosa' - not an Australian Idol winner. Love the little 'ra-ta-da'.
136. Beth Orton - 'She Cries Your Name'.
137. Beth Orton - 'Conceived'.
138. Anja Garbarek - 'The Last Trick'. I hear this and think Meryl Bainbridge. Probably not a fair comparison for either of them.
139. Joss Stone - 'Fell in Love with a Boy'.
140. Keith Urban - 'Without You'.
Photo source: stan walker