Saturday, June 4, 2011

New songs on a Saturday morning (121-130)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Parts one and two of this musical escapade can be found here and here. You'll need to search for the rest yourselves.

121. NKOTBSB - 'Don't Turn Out The Lights' - This slams me right back into year 6/7, when New Kids on the Block were on the radio (and on Rage) and one boy was adamant that they were the best band in the world. How we teased him so. I see the 30-something mums in the audience and wonder if there's any band from my youth that would make me reach out to touch or kiss a sweaty, ageing teen-idol when he kneels on the stage.
122. Sam Roberts - 'Don't Walk Away Eileen'. 
123. The Wallflowers - '6th Avenue Heartache' - loved this man's mouth...uh, I mean, voice.
124. The Wallflowers - 'Three Marlenas'.

 
125. Jakob Dylan - 'Something Good This Way Comes'.
126. The Counting Crows - 'Washington Square' - In high school, I slept with my radio on under my pillow, down low but 'Mr Jones' played so often I memorised the lyrics without really hearing the song play. Same with Blind Melon's hit. Now Counting Crows make me think of River Phoenix and Kurt Cobain's deaths and Wayne's World and a million other things I absorbed in my sleep during those years.
127. The Counting Crows - 'She Don't Nobody Near'.
128. Keri Noble - 'Ooh oh'. 
129. Brendan Benson - 'Metarie'.
130. Donny Iris - 'Ah Leah'. 

Photo Source: Jakob Dylan.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...