As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Parts one and two of this musical escapade can be found here and here. You'll need to search for the rest yourselves.
81. Lykke Li - 'Get Some' - the strangeness of this woman's eyes gets in the way of listening but if you shut your eyes, these songs are awesome.
82. Lykke Li - 'I Follow Rivers'
83. Jessie J - 'Do It Like a Dude (Explicit)'
84. Hooray for Earth - 'True Loves' - Weirder and weirder film clips aren't necessarily better, but the sound's grand.
85. Clare Maguire - 'The Shield and the Sword' - she sounds like six other women from three different decades.
86. Clare Maguire - 'Strangest Thing'
87. Hugo - 'Bread & Butter' - Awesomely swampy.
88. Hugo - '99 Problems' - and I betcha ain't one.
89. James Blake - 'The Wilhelm Scream' - keep expecting the wispy lady voice but this is a pleasant surprise. Reminds me of the Stealing Beauty soundtrack.
90. James Blake - 'Limit to your Love'
91. Jamie Woon - 'Spirits' - gorgeously layered sound.
92. The Vaccines - 'Post Break Up Sex' - Undeniably British.
93. The Vaccines - 'Wrecking Bar (Ra, Ra, Ra)'
94. Manchester Orchestra - 'Simple Math'
95. Rival Sons - 'Pressure and Time' - someone who took singing lessons at the Robert Plant school of music.
96. Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybeans - 'Livin' in the Jungle'
97. Destiny's Child feat. Wyclef Jean - 'No, No, No' - back when there were four of them.
98. Fleetwood Mac - 'Songbird' - Never heard this version before Glee. Lovely.
99. Fleetwood Mac - 'Albatross'
100. Little Red - 'Rock It' - Sweet little Australian outfit.
Photo source: Lykke Li press shot from lykkeli.com