Saturday, May 7, 2011

New songs on a Saturday morning (71-80)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Parts one and two of this musical escapade can be found here and here. Parts three and four are over here and over here. Part five is here. Part six is here


71. NOFX - 'Creeping out Sarah'. Love these types of songs where bands become inter-referential (not sure that's even a phrase but it fits). I'm fairly sure these videos are all fan-made for a competition. Can't find an original version yet.
72. The Wombats - 'Techno Fan' - I really liked their Christmas song from a year or so ago, and this has that same sound/humour. 
73. The Wombats - 'Let's Dance to Joy Division'.
74. Mark Ronson & The Business Intl - 'Bang Bang Bang'. Curiouser and Curiouser.
75. Mark Ronson feat. Daniel Merriwether - 'Stop Me'.
76. Mark Ronson feat. Candie Payne - 'Sunny'. Gorgeous live orchestral.


77. Candie Payne - 'One More Chance'. 
78. Candie Payne - 'I wish I could have love you more'.
79. The Coral - 'Put the Sun Back'. Gorgeous sixties vibe.
80. Lady Gaga - 'Judas' - It's getting to the stage where all I see or hear is Madonna in these songs. Like Madonna and Lady Gaga so am not all that perturbed by this. But this is different, a jumbled sonic patchwork, and may take many more listens to get into.

Photo source: Candie Payne from guardian.co.uk article 'New Band of the Day: No. 37 Candie Payne'.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...