Saturday, May 28, 2011

New songs on a Saturday morning (111-120)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Parts one and two of this musical escapade can be found here and here. You'll need to search for the rest yourselves.


111. Washinton - 'Sunday Best'.
112. Steven Tyler - '(It) Feels So Good' - Never considered him solo, but this isn't bad. More pop than Aerosmith but that voice is all Aerosmith anyway.
113. Ray LaMontagne and the Pariah Dogs - 'New York City's Killing Me'.
114. Ben Harper - 'Rock and Roll is Free' - yes, yes it is.
115. Eddie Vedder - 'Longing to Belong' - throwing me back to high school and the tales of my friends long road-trips to Sydney to see Pearl Jam, Chili Peppers and Nirvana.
116. Radio Star - 'You Got Me; (I Got You)' - singing on the steps of Flinders St station but with that Brit sound. 


117. Seeker Lover Keeper - 'Even Though I'm a Woman' - three awesomely wonderful Australian women, songwriters, singers and magic makers, taking turns writing and singing each others songs. Wishing I could find a copy of 'Rest Your Head On My Shoulder' where all three sing.
118. Seeker Lover Keeper - 'On My Own' - with John Waters miming. Strange but lovely.
119. Seeker Lover Keeper - 'Light All My Lights' - with Barry Otto mining. What a lovely, weird man. Damn blogger for not finding the youtube clip.
120. Chromeo - 'Momma's Boy' - Sigh. Sweet and cheekily stupid.


Photo source: Seeker Lover Keeper; Washington

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...