Saturday, April 16, 2011

New songs on a Saturday morning (51-60)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Parts one and two of this musical escapade can be found here and here. Parts three and four are over here and over here.


51. Weezer - 'My Name is Jonas' -  One of the brothers was busting out with the first few lines of this at dinner last night and air-drumming.
52. The Decemberists - 'This Is Why We Fight' -Portland band, but every now and then the lead singer drops into such a familiar accent.
53. The Decemberists - 'O Valencia!'
54. Kids of 88 - 'My House' - What a strange little electronic pop/dance ensemble. Certainly deliver on their promise of the eighties.
55. Kids of 88 - 'Just a Little Bit'
56. Sick Puppies - 'White Balloons' - Not what I was expecting, given where I'd come from to find this. But I'm always up for a suprise. I suspect the live stuff is better than the rest.
57. Sick Puppies - 'You're Going Down' - Surprisingly, I adore this song. It's one of the ones that's covered for my Body Combat class. And the 'my fist in your face' sequence at the end is beyond satisfying.


58. Oh Land - 'Wolf & I' - ...And now for something completely different.This Danish ballerina has that voice Lovely Husband likes and has crawled under my skin and burrowed into my own musical tastes.
59. Oh Land - 'Sun of a Gun' - This one is even more catchy.
60. Lady GaGa - 'Beautiful, Dirty, Rich' - I'll leave the showboating, but I dig the catchy pop tunes.

Photo Sources: Oh Land from musicunderfire.com; Weezer from rokpool.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...