Saturday, April 2, 2011

New songs on a Saturday morning (21-30)

 As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Parts one and two of this music escapade can be found here and here.

There was a folksy Rod Stewart song on the radio yesterday, sounding something like Maggie May. Been trying to find it, walking through old clips and concert performances but nothing that rings the bell. Shame. Was hoping to include it here. Instead, the next ten are all the magical leaps and bounds I took from my Rod Stewart search on my quest for something new.

21. Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - 'Please Read the Letter'
22. Tori Amos - 'Pink & Glitter' - Cornflake Girl; Blueberry Girl. Something about her draws me in, even more so after a student wrote a 5000-word essay on her.

 23. Tori Amos - 'Maybe California'
24. Tori Amos - 'Winter'
25. Sarah McLachlan - 'Ben's Song' - That's one hell of a note at the start, not one I expected was coming from a human source.
26. Sarah McLachlan - 'Loving you is Easy' - Hard to reconcile an upbeat McLachlan with the rest of her songs that I adore but I love it just the same.


27. Angus & Julia Stone - 'For You'- Another wispy lady singer with a strange accent.
28. Angus & Julia Stone - 'Mango Tree'- Not as fussed on the ones he sings, but sweet enough.
29. Florence + the Machine - 'Drumming Song' - Not the face I was expecting when I first heard the voice. Love her odd little dance moves, though.
30. The Corrs (feat. Bono) - 'When the Stars go Blue' - Such Irish loveliness from the Liva 8 concert.

 

Photo Sources: Tori Amos from her official website; Angus & Julia Stone from the Cover Lovers website (also has a link to an awesome cover they do of 'You're the one that I want')

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...