Saturday, March 26, 2011

New songs on a Saturday morning (11-20)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Part one of this music escapade can be found here.


11. Jason Mraz - Plane (via Mighty Girl): Sweet-arse broken hearted love song
12. Adele - Someone like you: Love this but it certainly didn't help my mood any when I was spluttering over the final scenes of the final episode of Secret Diary of a Call Girl.
13. Adele - Rolling in the Deep: God, her voice is awesome.
 

14. Jools Holland with Ruby Turner - Informer: Love his piano-playing skills. As BB King once said of him, he has 'a left hand that never stops'.
15. Jools & his Rhythm and Blues Orchestra with Amy Winehouse - Teach Me Tonight: Amy with her hair down (literally).
16. Black Eyed Peas - The Time (Dirty Bit): The Black Eyed Peas' songs normally grow on me after a listen or two, but I'm not I'll ever get into this. Love the way they sample, but this is pushing too hard.
17. Cheap Trick - Surrender: Heard this on the radio in the car three times in the space of a week. The chorus gets me every time.

 
18. John Lennon 'with' Cheap Trick - Losing You: Very strange amalgam but rocks along.
19. Architecture in Helsinki - Contact High: I really liked 'Heart It Races' but hadn't heard anything else of theirs. Dig the eighties synth sounds.
20. Sneaky Sound System - I Love It: Heard bits and pieces of this a few years ago. Really dig how they use her voice.

Photo Source: Jools Holland from allmusic.com's profile of the artist; Lennon's drawing from news.bbc.co.uk article 'John Lennon's art goes on display'.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...