Saturday, March 19, 2011

New songs on a Saturday morning (1-10)

It's Saturday morning and I'm going back to my childhood. Instead of laying in front of the TV and zoning out with Rage or Video Hits, I'm trawling through online musical vistas.


As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. My exposure to new music seems to have been quite limited in the last few years. Although I have the radio on in the car and catch bits and pieces as I drive to work, to the gym, to do the gorcery shopping, but there's not a lot of music that fits into those brief jaunts. For a while, I've been culling new music from the soundtracks of TV shows and movies that I've seen or just waiting for Lovely Husband to find more of his lady-singers (whether wispy and retro) and shuffling them into my playlist. Now I'm going to cast about, follow links and generally be more pro-active in my search for something I like.


1. Dar Williams 'When I was a Boy' (c/o After Words)
2. War Paint 'Billie Holiday' (c/o Girl's Gone Child) - The way these ladies harmonise is divine.
3. War Paint ‘Baby’ 
4. Willow Smith ‘21st Century Girl’ - Got caught on her first single but feel some kind of discomfort about her age and that I may be watching a car wreck about to happen.
5. Dr Dre ‘I Need a Doctor’ - Okay, so I like me a little Eminem every now and then.
6. Ayo ‘Help is Coming’ - Love the modern reggae feel without the feel good/hippy preaching.
9. Pomplamoose 'Centrifuge' - perhaps this is cheating because I've been digging on Pomplamoose's You Tube channel for a little while, but never got around to listening to some of these.
10. Pomplamoose 'Little Things'

Photo Source: Rage logo from www.gimmebritney.com/2009/ 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...